Positive Parenting is so important. In a world where negativity seems to scream louder than positivity, it is crucial to remember that you are raising children. Children need consistency, consequences and positive praise. A healthy balance of positive words combined with consequences for bad decisions, makes for a well-rounded positive child. We all need to focus on positive parenting.
Positive Parenting- Things to Say to Your Child
- You make me proud.
- Your opinion matters.
- I love being your parent.
- I believe in you.
- It’s okay to make mistakes.
- I accept you for who you are.
- I love you unconditionally.
- Being around you is fun.
- I can’t wait to hear about your day.
- You rocked that test!
- I trust you.
- That was a good decision.
- Being your parent is my favorite job.
- You look beautiful/handsome.
- Tomorrow is a new day to try again.
- You make my heart smile.
- I love that you have good friends.
- You are a great friend to your peers.
- It is okay to not be liked by everyone.
- That’s a valid point.
- That color looks great on you!
- That was a nice thing you did for your sibling.
- You have a caring heart.
- I am proud you tried your best today.
- Being yourself is what matters most.
These are just basic sentences that take only a few moments to say, as a parent you should be able to easily slide in these positive praises throughout each day you spend with your child. While there comes a time and place for consequences as well as behavior corrections, there also needs to be some positive praise in parenthood. When a child hears a good balance of both uplifting sentences combined with consistent expectations from their parent, they start to feel more self-confident and in turn make better decisions in life.