I am a stay at home mom. Actually, I prefer to refer to myself as a work at home mom as I do work from home.
However, there was a point in time in which I was a Stay at Home Mom.
There are so many misconceptions surrounding Stay at Home Moms and what they do, who they are or why they stay at home. A lot of people have different views on the subject, however, there are some very common Misconceptions about Stay at Home Moms I would like to brush on here.
5 Common Misconceptions about Stay at Home Moms
1. Stay at Home Moms get SO much Free Time– I would like to assure that no, no, they don’t. SOMETIMES, the children will go for a nap and you can shove a sandwich in your face without interruption. Sometimes. Other times, the kids refuse to nap and you will find yourself with a shadow that isn’t your own, in the bathroom and you think to yourself: “Can I PLEASE Poop Alone!?”
2. All Stay at Home Moms MUST be Bored– If there was time to be bored, I guarantee you that a Stay at Home Mom wouldn’t complain that she was.
3. Stay at Home Moms Waste Their Education– I wouldn’t consider it a waste to aid in the development of our Children, and prepare them to be the next generation of adults. No, I wouldn’t.
4. Stay at Home Mom’s Spend all day Spending their Husband’s Money– If you could see the look on my face right now, you would understand how I feel about this misconception. 1. Family’s Money. 2. Daycare costs a lot of money… I don’t spend $80/Day to be with my Children. 3. Shut Up.
5. Stay at Home Moms are Miserable– Sorry. No. Being an idiot makes one miserable, myself being home with my kids doesn’t.