I am not kidding when I say these are the best ever slow cooker chicken breasts I have had to date. If you are watching your figure they probably aren’t really all that diet friendly, but hey, everyone needs a cheat day. What better way to cheat than with bacon and cream cheesy goodness? I certainly couldn’t tell you one.
DON’T WANT TO READ MY LIFE STORY? JUST WANT TO GET COOKING? I DON’T BLAME YOU…
Click HERE to Jump to the recipe!
These Bacon Wrapped, Cream Cheese stuffed Chicken breasts are really a fantastic addition to your slow cooking repertoire as they melt in your mouth! Unfortunately they don’t just melt off your hips, but it’s SO worth it for one night.
I am in love with cooking this, it takes almost no time to prepare and the voila they are in the slow cooker reaching juicy, delectable goodness. I love slow cooker meals as I find I have more energy at the start of the day. If I get dinner on in the morning by the time I am exhausted and lazy feeling by the end of the day, we still have a meal, and it happens without me complaining the whole way through!
After I am done pounding and flattening the chicken I put a nice stack of the yummy cream cheese in it. YUM. Then, I wrap that bad boy in bacon and place it in the slow cooker…
Mmmm, It’s not even cooked yet and it looks good. Plus, you can’t lose with the wonderful aroma of cooking bacon drifting throughout your humble abode.
This is so yummy and moist that I could eat this every single meal, but that would not be healthy so I will let it happen only once in a while on cheat nights.
As this yumminess is cooking it creates the best aroma ever, I can smell it from my living room and it makes me hungry all day! Mmmm Bacon…AND CREAM CHEESE…. Right!?
So Without Any Furthur Ado… I present the Recipe!
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves
- 8 Strips of Bacon
- Pinch of Pepper
- 3/4 Cup Plain Low- Fat Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp Fresh Chives, chopped
- In a microwavable bowl soften 3/4 cup of cream cheese.
- Add fresh chopped chives and mix well
- Smack the Chicken Breast around- no really, pound it out! If you do not have a meat mallet just do what I do and use a hammer. Pound it out until it's about 1/2 an inch thick.
- Season Chicken Breast with a pinch of pepper, place a 1.5 -2 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture in the center of the flattened breast.
- Wrap Chicken around the Cream Cheese mixture
- Wrap 2 Strips of Bacon around the Chicken, ensuring that it covers the open ends.
- Place in slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours
- Great Tip: When wrapping Chicken with the bacon make sure to overlap ends of bacon to ensure the bacon stays wrapped.