Today we are going to have one of my favorites! Chicken. I love chicken, the kids love chicken, my husband won’t be here… so who cares what he likes?
I am going to fire up the bbq and make my favorite chicken drummies! That is, if this weather ever goes away! It has been raining for what seems like an eternity and I don’t feel like floating away while I attempt to BBQ. That would just be silly.
I love to do up some foil packets with these as well, and do all my sides on the BBQ. We love to BBQ asparagus, and baby potatoes are good too. Maybe a nice salad as well and you are good to go.
These drummies smell so mouthwatering while you are barbecuing them, that you will probably almost drool all over yourself. Well stop it! You will get to delve into the melt in your mouth chicken soon enough, but for now… for now you must COOK!
This may be the last time I get to BBQ this season (although, I sure hope not), so I am going to enjoy every single little second of it! I will also be making my Best Ever Creamy Coleslaw to accompany this as well. YUM! I am already so excited, I can’t wait to eat! There are so many different things that I love on the BBQ, but these drummies really feel like an amazing treat!
- 10- 12 Chicken Drumsticks
- Pinch salt
- Pinch Fresh Ground Tri Colour Peppercorn
- 2/3 Cup Olive Oil
- .5 Tsp Cumin
- .5 Tsp Paprika
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 2.5 Cloves of Garlic, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Onion, Chopped
- .5 Cup Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 1.5 C. Chicken Stock
- Put Chicken Drumsticks into a large sized, zipper sealed bag.
- In a Medium Sized bowl add Olive Oil. Mix together the spices and add into the olive oil. Add the onions, garlic and parsley. Mix Well.
- Add Chicken Broth.
- Pour the mixture into the bag, over the chicken drumsticks. Remove air and be sure to seal the bag tightly.
- Move the bag around to coat chicken.
- Place the bag onto a plate and place in the refrigerator. Allow to sit for at least 1 hour up to 24 hours.
- Heat your BBQ to 350. Place chicken and cook, turning as neccisary to allow even heat distribution.
- Once cooked, place chicken on a plate and allow to rest for 2-5 Mins.