Are you searching for the Best Ever Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe? Look no furthur. No really! Welcome to this week’s What’s For Dinner Wednesday!
I have decided to change around the way I do What’s for Dinner Wednesdays! I am going to leave my old ways in the past and start with some new fresh ideas each week. I want to include pictures of every recipe I use for my What’s For Dinner Wednesday’s from now on, so that everyone gets a better idea of what they are working with!
My first New What’s for Dinner Wednesday is a keeper, yes it is. The picture is worth a thousand words and we will get to that… but for now.. I top this amazingly moist pulled pork with my Best Ever Creamy Coleslaw! It is a MUST have for hubby and I to use to top our Pulled Pork. Sometimes I use both red and green cabbage, sometimes I just use green but no matter what, I always love the way it turns out! Super tasty!
Mmmmm Right? I KNOW! So delicious. I also serve this all on top of a thick piece of homemade garlic texas toast… and just a secret, sometimes I stick some cheddar cheese on this bad boy… shhhh. I know, I know… Garlic Texas Toast and pulled pork. No, No you DO NOT know. It’s actually amazing. AMAZING. It must have come to me in a dream, but it was an amazing idea. Now, hubby is totally in love with this idea and wants to eat it with the Garlic toast every time I make this. I am serious that I believe this is the BEST ever slow cooker pulled pork recipe I have ever tried.
Does that NOT look super yummy to you? It sure does to me, and I sure can’t wait for left overs!
- 4lbs Pork Shoulder Roast, Halved (DO NOT TRIM THE FAT)
- 2 Small Onions, Halved
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- .5 Tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Clove of Garlic, Grated
- 1/2 Tsp Fresh Chopped Thyme
- Pinch of Dried Oregano
- 3/4 Cup Of Honey
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 3.5 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 Slices of Texas Toast
- 1 C. Butter
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 2 Tsp Dried Parsley
- Place the onion on the bottom of the slow cooker
- Place the Roast pieces on top of the onions
- Mix together Red Pepper Flakes, Smoked Paprika, Fresh Ground Black Pepper, Salt, Garlic, Thyme and Oregano in a large bowl. Mix until blended.
- Add the liquids and mix until well blended into a paste, pour over roast.
- Let Cook on low for 6 hours. Remove roast from the slow cooker. Shred with a fork.
- Place roast back in slow cooker and stir to coat with sauce, allow to cook in sauce for another 1-2 hours.
- Place on Texas Toast , top with Creamy Coleslaw and Serve!
- Make sure you mix all the above listed ingredients into the butter until well blended and not clumpy.
- Spread over one side of Texas Toast and place on frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook until slightly browned and then flip over to brown the other side.