Peanut Butter Bacon Stuffed French Toast? Bacon. Salty, crispy, delicious Bacon. If you were to ask me what my favorite food item is I am pretty sure I’d respond rather quickly with BACON! My family is comprised of Bacon lovers. I feel any recipe can be made much more interesting by just incorporating some delicious Bacon into it.
- 1 package of duBreton Rustic Farm
- Pork smoked Bacon, cooked
- 10 slices of white crusty bread
- 1 ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 (15 ml) tbsp vanilla
- ½ tbsp (7 ml) cinnamon
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Icing sugar (optional)
- In a medium sauce pan over low heat, combine peanut butter, sugar and butter until melted.
- Evenly spread peanut butter mixture on a 9”X13” baking sheet linked with parchment
- Place in freezer for approximately 20 minutes while you prepare the bacon.
- While peanut butter mixture is cooling, cook bacon as per package instructions, and set aside.
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Remove peanut butter mixture from freezer and cut into squares, slightly smaller than the
- slices of bread.
- Place peanut butter mixture on top of one slice of bread, top with 2 slices of bacon and
- another slice of bread to form a sandwich.
- Dip sandwich into egg mixture, lightly coating all over.
- In a large pan, melt 1 tbsp (15 ml) of butter over medium low heat. Place sandwich in pan
- and gently press down to seal edges.
- Fry each sandwich, until browned, flipping once to cook each side.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing in half.
- The peanut butter filling will melt out the sides while cooking if they are too close to the edge. Garnish with crumbled bacon, sift icing sugar and/or drizzle with maple syrup before serving.
- *Serve with Fresh Fruit*
One day we were all sitting around the table trying to decide what we were going to eat. My daughter was begging me for some peanut butter toast, my son asked for french toast and my husband, staying true to our bacony nature, requested something with Bacon. I was really trying to keep my head on straight through this whole ordeal but EUREKA! I was all of a sudden completely overwhelmed with an amazing idea.. a delicious idea…. an idea that would change the course of breakfast for the Ninja Mommers family FOREVER. Peanut Butter Bacon Stuffed French Toast.
What is this idea you ask? Well I am about to tell you… BUT FIRST. First, you need to hear my Bacon backstory… because well… there is always a bacon backstory.
You see, duBreton came into my life not too long ago. Who is duBreton you may ask?! Well, I may as well cut to the chase. duBreton is a Certified Humane all-Canadian family-farming business. All my favourite things in one! They are Canadian, they are family owned and they DO NOT use crates to raise their pigs. Not only does duBreton NOT crate their pigs, but they are also grain fed, raised without antibiotics and so much more. My kind of product… AND it’s BACON.
Some Bacon Fun Facts
Did you know international Bacon Day is on September 3rd this year?! Make sure to share the Bacon love.
Surprise Bacon Cooking Tip
Think you know how to cook bacon? This method from duBreton will take the technique beyond the basic frying-pan or microwave to impress your bacon buddies and will be sure to earn you the title BACON MASTER:
The Restaurateur: Oven and Baking Sheet
1.Turn the oven on to 400°F (200°C).
2.For easy clean-up, line a baking sheet with tin foil, curling the edges up to trap the
grease. You can also place a wire cooling rack on top of the baking sheet to allow
grease to drip down into the pan.
3.Lay the bacon strips on the baking sheet or rack, and place in the oven while it’s still
4.Cook the bacon to your preferred level of doneness (15-22 minutes).
We really love using the oven to cook our bacon as we find that it’s so consistently cooked and easily done!
Peanut butter Bacon Stuffed French Toast
Yeah that. Back to the real reason we are all here. We all want to make this amazing, delicious, mouthwatering stuffed french toast, breakfast game changer! I am telling you… It’s amazing. The key is to cook the bacon and freeze the peanut butter mixture prior to creating this recipe, but before we get too far into that…
Ok Let’s get down to business… I have teased you enough… Without further ado I give you… THE RECIPE.
*This post was sponsored by duBreton. All opinions are of Ninjamommers’ own and not influenced in any way.*