Welcome, welcome! Happy Wednesday! Today is going to be a quick meal, I have a lot of running around to do with the kids, and plan on being outside for most of this beautiful day! So… I figured… why not cook something in the slow cooker!? I love my slow cooker! It’s a life saver! Without further ado… I give you… What’s For Dinner this Wednesday!
What Ya Need..
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2 lbs Cubed pot roast boneless
- 2 large diced onions
- 2 large diced carrots
- 2 stalks diced celery
- 2 cloves diced garlic
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 28oz can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 sweet diced green pepper
Do This… or no food for you
- In a large skillet, over med-high heat, heat 1/2 of the vegetable oil. Brown the beef and add the remaining oil as needed. Transfer the beef to a bowl and drain off the fat in the skillet.
- Over Medium heat, fry the diced onions, carrots, celery, minced garlic, and oregano, cook until the vegetables have softened, usually about 5 mins. Add to slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients except green pepper, stir in the beef and any accumulated juices into the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Skim off any fat. Stir in diced green pepper. Cover and cook for 30 minutes more!
VOILA! I serve this with a Southwest salad… Super Yummy!
Check out More Recipes for Busy Parents with our other What’s for Dinner Wednesday Recipes!