Recipes For Busy Parents- What’s For Dinner Wednesday
Welcome back! It’s Wednesday! Yay! I must admit, this week has been a toughie- With Baby Girl having an ear infection and cold in conjunction with her itchiness from her eczema, and Little Man being sick, it has been a sleepless week… or two. So, in lieu of my exhaustion this week we are opting for an easy Ninja Family favorite.
Ninja Family Favorite Cheesy Mushroom & Noodle Bake
What Ya Need:
- 2 cups of Rigatoni
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup quartered mushrooms
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/3 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 c. Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup fresh whole-wheat breadcrumbs
What Ya Need To DO!!
- Preheat your oven to 425F (220C). Boil rigatone until Al dente, in the final 2 mins of cooking add the peas. Drain well.
- Heat the Vegetable oil in a saucepan and cook the pepper for 2 mins. Add mushrooms and cook until soft, stir frequently.
- Stir in the flour, then gradually stir in the milk and bring to a boil, stirring. Simmer until thickened.
- Add the mustard and Monterey Jack Cheese with pepper to season, and stir until the cheese has melted. Add the pasta and peas and mix thoroughly. Pour the mixture into an ovenproof dish.
- Mix the Cheddar cheese with the breadcrumbs and sprinkle this over the pasta mixture. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbling hot. Serve Right Away!
Leave a Reply