Halloween is coming soon, so what better to celebrate with than a great Halloween themed Stuffed Orange Pepper Jack-O’-Lanterns? There is not one in my opinion. These are such a cute idea that I couldn’t wait to share it with you all.
Halloween is so much fun and we quite enjoy getting into the spooky spirit at our house! We love the idea of Halloween Jack O’ Lantern stuffed Peppers because not only are they adorable, they taste great.
We have all carved Pumpkins before, but have you ever carved an orange pepper? Me either, until now. This dish was easy enough that I could have the kids help me make it. They quite enjoyed carving the faces out of the orange peppers to make them look like their own personalized Jack O’ Lanterns. We had so much fun in fact, that we just can’t wait to make these again. I am thinking they would be perfect for any kind of Halloween party! Kids, parents, everyone would love it! Hopefully as much as my family does.
These peppers are stuffed with some pretty easy, but delicious ingredients! Garlic, Ground Beef, Onions,Rice, all of it. Delicious. Once everything is done cooking, you can choose to add cheese on top if you want. You don’t have to, it’s totally optional but usually an option I choose to take… I mean, Cheese.
Halloween is just so much fun. We enjoy decorating, making crafts and getting dressed up. Now, not only are we getting all dressed up, so is our food! I can’t wait to serve these again, perhaps I need to have a Halloween dinner party so I can make a bunch of these Stuffed Orange Pepper Jack O’Lanterns to share with my friends.
- 6 Orange Peppers
- 1 Lb of Ground Beef
- 1/3 C of finely chopped Onion
- 1 can of Diced Tomatoes (16oz)
- .5 cup long grain rice
- .5 cup of water
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cut top off each pepper and remove seeds and membranes
- Using a small knife, cut faces into your peppers to resemble Jack O' Lanterns
- Cook peppers in boiling water for 5 mins to soften.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef and onion, drain.
- Add tomatoes, do not drain them, the liquid will help cook the rice. Add rice, water, salt and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil, turn down the heat and cover and simmer until rice is tender (approx. 20 mins)
- Stuff peppers with mixture, sprinkle with cheese (optional) and bake for 30 mins in a baking dish.