When I think Spinach Frittata I think… YUM! It’s so delicious.
I can’t wait to have this for dinner. The kids love it, husband loves it and most importantly… it’s healthy! We love to eat quick, easy and healthy meals.
Today has been a sluggish day for me, haven’t been feeling too great today and this heat isn’t helping so tonight we are doing something quick and easy that everyone in this house loves! We are having Breakfast for dinner… Which is one of my fave things to do! Seriously.
Breakfast for dinner is super fun for me! It was always something I used to do with my family when I was growing up. Sometimes, pancakes and scrambled eggs do the trick… but tonight, I want a Frittata! Oh yes… Frittata.
Can you believe that the kids love Spinach Frittata?! They do. I couldn’t believe it either the first time… but they do. In fact, the kids like helping me make this! We have a lot of fun in the kitchen together and it also helps to educate them as to what they are putting into their bodies. I can’t wait to make this again.
Ninja’s Spinach Frittata!
- 1/2 cup chopped or thinly sliced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, saute the red pepper and onion in the oil until they are tender. In a bowl, beat the eggs and the milk. Stir in the chicken if desired, the 1/2 cup spinach, the mozzarella and the Parmesan cheeses, salt and pepper (save remaining spinach for another use). Add them to the skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat for 7-10 minutes or until completely set. Cut into wedges.
I will be serving this with a Side salad and Crusty bread!
It really is such a great and complete dinner. The kids LOVE the breakfast for dinner idea and of course so does Hubby. I like it because it’s an easy go to on a busy night. I also feel as though a Spinach Frittata is almost comfort food. At least for me. I always love this as a nice warm dinner on a cold evening. MMmmm Breakfast for dinner.
I then serve a delicious Fruit Salad for dessert! Sometimes I top it with a little bit of whipped cream… Mmmm. Now I am hungry already.
Do you Like Serving Breakfast for Dinner?