Welcome to What’s for dinner Wednesday! One of my favorite Recipes for Busy Parents is not only easy but also delicious. My family loves this as a mid-week meal.
When Little Man is in school and Daddy is working I love making things that not only warm up their bellies after a cold day, but also take as little time to prepare as possible.
Meal Planning can be a pain and I find by Wednesday I never want what I had actually planned to have earlier in the week. I used to write out meal plans but almost ALWAYS ditched Wednesday’s plan and went with something random. I find I got bored too easily with sticking to a regiment. I know, I know, it’s counterproductive. Sometimes I need a little spontaneity in my life! The best I can do, usually, is through saying: “Forget it” to a meal plan. Living life on the edge don’t you know?
So, this week I am making Ninja’s Kitchen Sink Casserole…. It’s called this because I literally just threw a bunch of left overs into a skillet and went nuts one day…and my family LOVED it.
Little Man loves this recipe because it is easy to eat and delicious.
Husband loves it because it’s warm, with just the right amount of heartiness to make him full.
Baby Girl loves this mostly because she likes to make a gigantic mess. What else can I say?
Oh, yeah. I love this because it’s easy as pie to make. Seriously.
So, Without further ado, I present to you…
- 2 Chicken Breast halves, Cooked and cubed
- 1 Green Pepper, Sliced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 1 Package of Spinach
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 1 Package of Rotini Noodles (Whole Wheat), Cooked and drained
- Pinch of Pepper
- ½ Cup of Low Fat Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a large skillet cook garlic, onions and green pepper in 2 tbsp. of Olive Oil until softened.
- Add cubed chicken and rotini noodles to the skillet and toss to coat everything.
- Place mixture in 9 x 13 casserole dish, sprinkle with pepper, top with fresh spinach and cherry tomatoes.
- Bake in oven until warmed, about 25 mins.
- Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and bake until just melted.
I like to serve this filling Casserole with a nice light salad on the side!
Check out More Recipes for Busy Parents with our other What’s for Dinner Wednesday Recipes!