Are you seeking recipes for busy parents? Of course you are, you are a a busy parent! You are in the right place!
Welcome back to What’s for Dinner Wednesday, a weekly segment that provides recipes for busy parents, and those in a mid week meal rut.
Today has been yet another Wednesday morning when I woke up and had no idea what in the world I was going to provide my fam jam at the dinner table, so in a last second fix I decided to throw together something that was quick. easy and something the kids would enjoy.
This week’s meal is going to be something light and easy. The weather here has been fantabulous and I just feel like BBQ! YUMMY!
Ninja’s BBQ- Chicken Salad
- 5 boneless chicken breasts without skin
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2.5 tbsp soya sauce
- 3 tbsp cilantro
- 1/2 tsp crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 1.5 tbsp minced ginger root
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 yellow peppers
- 2 tbsp Minced Chives
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 6 cups salad greens (I use Spring Mix)
Do This To Make It:
- Firstly, make sure to finely mince the cilantro. Whisk together the soy sauce, coriander, 1/2 oil, garlic and ginger. Coat the chicken breasts in the mixture and then cover and refrigerate for a minimum of half an hour.
- Cut the peppers into fours, and grill over medium-high heat for 15 mins or until blackening and then remove from Grill. Grill Chicken on medium-high heat for 15 mins per side or until fully cooked.
- Cut the peppers and chicken into strips and toss chicken and peppers with the salad greens and remaining Vinegar and Oil.