Recipes For Busy Parents- What’s For Dinner Wednesday!
This week is something that I love… Roast Beef. My Dad used to call it Roast Beast so I have called it that forever lol. Check out the recipe:
Ninja’s Garlic Roast Beast
Stuff Ya Need:
Beef Roast: 300 gr (boneless and trimmed)
Olive Oil: 1 tbsp
Butter: 1 tbsp
Garlic: 4 cloves
Onion: 1 medium
Tomato Paste: 1/2 tsp
Turmeric: 1/2 tsp
Beef Broth: 2 cups
Salt: to taste
Pepper: to taste
What to Do:
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Peel the garlic cloves and the onion and finely chop the onion.
3. Saute onion in oven safe pot, until golden and then add turmeric.
4. Meanwhile, Using a sharp knife, make vertical incision into the beef and insert garlic cloves around the roast.
5. Add the roast to the sauteed onion and brown on each side.
6. Add the tomato paste and continue cooking for another minute.
7. Add the beef stock to the pot and bring to simmer, add salt and pepper.
8. Cover with aluminum and cook in the oven for 2 hours or until the inside temperature reaches 135 F. (Check on the roast halfway through to make sure there is enough broth).
9. Remove the aluminum and cook for 10 minutes or so.
10. Let the roast rest for 10 minute tented in aluminum foil before carving.
I usually serve this with a nice light salad and some yummy mashed potaters!
Leave a Reply