Mushroom Appetizers-Italian Fried Mushroom Bites Recipe
Mushrooms are so good. My husband isn’t a huge fan of Mushrooms in general, but even he loved these. These are great to serve as appetizers or finger foods too.
Sometimes, the easier the recipe the better it is. Why? Don’t ask silly questions. If you can make a recipe that tastes great and was easy to make, you can’t complain. At ALL! Yay!
Baby girl helps me make these whenever we decide to. She LOVES to roll them in the breadcrumbs! Get this, she doesn’t usually like mushrooms either, but she had no idea what these even were until the first time I let her help… now she says she doesn’t like mushrooms but she likes them like this. Fine with me.
I frequently have to double the recipe, because if I don’t, these go so fast and not everyone gets to try one. I prefer to serve them with both Ranch and Marinara for people to choose what they want. I actually can’t pick just one kind myself either as I am totally in love with both Ranch and Marinara. Technically I use both dips! I interchange, and if I am feeling naughty, I use both, at the same time! GASP!
Sorry, I am getting ahead of myself. I just love them so much that I feel I have to talk them up, when really these speak for themselves.
Once you have sauteed the mushrooms, your house will smell like love and the mushrooms will be nicely cooked. Dip them into that egg mixture and then into the breadcrumbs. Only a little bit more cooking left after that! The next step? Serve and enjoy! They are best when they are still warm.
- Approximately 10 Button Mushrooms
- 1 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup Almond Milk
- 1 Egg
- ¼ tsp. Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Freeze Dried Chives
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- Canola Oil
- Add just enough canola oil to fully immerse mushrooms in a large stove top pan. Heat on medium.
- Clean and remove stems from button mushrooms. Pat dry with paper towel. Slice long ways into small bite size pieces.
- Sauté mushrooms, garlic powder, onion powder, and chives in butter on medium heat for approximately 8 minutes. Remove from heat. Let set for 2 minutes.
- Use whisk or fork to mix egg and almond milk in mixing bowl.
- Dip mushroom bites into egg/almond mixture and then coat each piece with Italian bread crumbs. Fry mushroom bites in canola oil for approximately 30 seconds. Using a draining spoon, remove mushroom bites and let sit on paper towel covered plate for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately. Best with a side of marinara or ranch dipping sauce.
Leave a Reply