Mini Cheesecakes with Chocolate Peppermint Bark Garnish- Recipe
Mini Cheesecakes are a huge hit in this house. We LOVE Cheesecake, but when you make them super tiny and bite sized, there is something about them that just make your heart smile.
These Mini Cheesecakes have become a family favourite for the Holidays! I just spruce them up with some Chocolate Peppermint Bark Garnish and Voilia! Mini Cheescakes, Christmasfied! Right? Delicious.
The best thing about these little bites of love, is that the recipe makes A LOT of them in a short time. These are great for your Christmas party as bite sized delicious treats. MMMM.
Some people add things to their cheesecakes, like tubs of “whipped cream”. To me, that IS NOT a Cheesecake, that is “whipped cream pie”. If I hear the word cheesecake, I think of cream cheese, baked into cake form. Delicious, creamy, cream cheese. Cake form. Clearly there is more than just Cream Cheese in this recipe, but not MUCH more, and that’s why I love it. To me, these mini cheesecakes taste like cheesecakes should taste. Delicious and fattening. Fattening and delicious.
We use our Chocolate Peppermint Bark Recipe to garnish these little bites of cheescakey goodness. We just spread it right on top of the cheescakes while the bark cools, it hardens and gives a delicious crunchy topping to the mini Cheesecakes. We love to make normal desserts look and taste festive. Adapting my favourite recipes for the Holiday Season, is one of my absolute fave thing to do.
We served these for our Family Party and everyone just gobbled them up. I gave some to my neighbours, and they kept asking if there were any left. It looks to me like I will have to make a few more batches of these before the Holidays come to a close for the year!
Mini Cheesecakes With Chocolate Peppermint Bark Garnish
- 1/2 C. Chocolate Baking Crumbs
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 3 Packages of Plain Cream Cheese (250 g each)
- 1/3 Cup of Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- See the Recipe Link Posted Above
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Mix ingredients in a bowl and press into mini cupcake liners
- Mix Cream Cheese and Sugar together, combine well.
- Add the Eggs, one at a time.
- Mix on Low speed until combined.
- Fill mini cupcake liners 1/2 way with the cheesecake mix
- Bake for 10-15 mins, or until set.
- Cool for 1/2 an hour and refrigerate for 2 hours Prior to Serving.
- Make according to the above recipe, but don't allow to cool completely. Spread on to Cheesecakes and Refrigerate for an additional 1/2 an hour to set.
Leave a Reply