Experience the ultimate indulgence with our Cinnamon Bun Bundt Cake—a moist and flavorful cake infused with cinnamon, filled with swirls of delectable cinnamon bun goodness, topped with a crunchy streusel layer, and drizzled with a luscious cream cheese icing.
Indulge your senses in a symphony of sweet aromas and heavenly flavors with our tantalizing Cinnamon Bun Bundt Cake. Imagine sinking your teeth into a moist and tender cake infused with the warmth of cinnamon, a layer of delectable cinnamon bun filling, and a delightful crunch from the irresistible streusel topping (or bottom once it’s done baking). As if that weren’t enough, this masterpiece is crowned with a velvety cream cheese icing that adds a tangy and creamy touch.
Every bite of this cake is a moment of pure bliss, transporting you to a world of pure indulgence. Whether you’re treating yourself to a well-deserved indulgence or sharing it with loved ones, our Cinnamon Bun Bundt Cake is the ultimate dessert that will have you savoring every forkful and longing for just one more slice. Prepare to be enchanted by this irresistible creation that will surely become a new favorite in your dessert repertoire.
Why Make Cinnamon Bun Bundt Cake?
Make Cinnamon Bun Bundt Cake because it’s a delightful and unique twist on the classic homemade cinnamon rolls. This cake captures all the comforting flavors and textures of a traditional cinnamon bun but in a stunning and shareable form. The moist and tender cake, combined with the aromatic cinnamon bun filling, offers a heavenly cinnamon flavor experience with every bite.
The addition of the streusel topping to this cinnamon bundt cake adds a delightful crunch, while the creamy cream cheese icing provides the perfect balance of tanginess and sweetness. Whether you want to impress your guests at a gathering or simply indulge in a treat for yourself, this Cinnamon Bun Bundt Cake is a guaranteed showstopper that will satisfy your cravings and leave you craving for more.
Kitchen Tools Required
- Bundt pan
- Medium bowl
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Spatula or wooden spoon
- Cooling rack
- Serving plate
Measurements are provided in the recipe card below.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Cream cheese
How to Make Cinnamon Bun Bundt Cake
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and generously grease your bundt cake pan with butter or spray it with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Step 2: In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
Step 3: Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
Step 4: In a separate bowl, prepare the cinnamon bun filling. Combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon until well combined.
Step 5: Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared pan. Create a well in the center of the cake batter and Spoon the cinnamon bun filling into the well. Top with remaining cake batter.
Step 6: In a small bowl, prepare the streusel topping. Combine the flour, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. Pour in the melted butter and mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Step 7: Sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over the cake batter.
Step 8: Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Step 9: While the cake is cooling, prepare the cream cheese icing. In a medium bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy. Gradually add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, mixing well. If the icing is too thick, add milk, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
Step 10: Once the cake has cooled, spread the cream cheese icing over the top. Allow the icing to set before serving.
Does Bundt Cake Need to Cool Before Flipping?
Yes, a bundt cake generally needs to cool before flipping it out of the pan. It is recommended to let the bundt cake cool in the pan at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes after removing it from the oven. This allows the cake to set and firm up slightly, making it easier to release from the pan without breaking apart. However, the exact cooling time may vary depending on the recipe and personal preference.
Can I Use a Different Icing or Glaze?
Certainly! While cream cheese glaze is a popular choice for topping a cinnamon bun bundt cake, you can definitely explore other delicious options to suit your taste preferences. Cream cheese frosting, while delicious, isn’t your only option.
- Vanilla Glaze: Prepare a simple vanilla glaze by mixing powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk until smooth. Adjust the consistency by adding more milk or powdered sugar as needed. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake for a sweet and classic touch.
- Maple Glaze: Create a delightful maple glaze by combining powdered sugar, maple syrup, and a splash of milk. Whisk until smooth and pour over the cake for a rich and slightly tangy flavor.
- Caramel Drizzle: Warm store-bought or homemade caramel sauce and generously drizzle it over the cooled cake. The sweet and buttery caramel flavor will complement the cinnamon bun flavors wonderfully.
- Brown Butter Glaze: Brown some butter in a saucepan until it develops a nutty aroma and turns golden brown. Remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar, a splash of milk, and a pinch of salt. Drizzle the glaze over the cake for a unique and rich flavor profile.
Remember, these alternatives are just suggestions, and you can get creative by adding your own twist to the glaze. Feel free to experiment with different flavors and ingredients to find the perfect glaze that suits your taste and complements the cinnamon bun bundt cake beautifully.
How to Store Cinnamon Bun Bundt Cake
To properly store your Cinnamon Bun Bundt Cake, follow these storage instructions:
- Allow the cake to cool completely before storing it. This helps prevent moisture build-up and maintain the cake’s texture.
- If the cake is frosted or glazed, make sure the icing has set before proceeding to the next step.
- Wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container. This helps to protect the cake from drying out and prevents it from absorbing odors from the refrigerator.
- Store the wrapped or containerized cake in a cool, dry place, such as a pantry or cupboard, at room temperature. Avoid placing it in direct sunlight or near heat sources.
- If you prefer to store the cake in the refrigerator, especially during warmer weather, ensure it is properly covered to prevent drying. Note that refrigeration may cause the cake to firm up slightly.
- The Cinnamon Bun Bundt Cake can be stored at room temperature for up to 2-3 days or refrigerated for up to 5-7 days, depending on the freshness of the ingredients used.
- Before serving, if the cake was stored in the refrigerator, allow it to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes to an hour to restore its optimal texture and flavor.
By following these storage instructions, you can enjoy this delicious cake for several days while maintaining its freshness and taste.
Can I make this cake in a regular cake pan instead of a bundt pan?
Yes, you can make the cake in a regular cake pan. Adjust the baking time accordingly as it may vary from the bundt pan version.
Can I use pre-made cinnamon rolls for the filling?
No, the filling is simply a combination of a few ingredients. Not pre-made cinnamon rolls because you don’t need the cinnamon roll dough.
How long does the cake stay fresh? Can I make it ahead of time?
The cake will stay fresh for about 2-3 days when stored properly at room temperature. You can make it ahead of time and store it tightly wrapped or in an airtight container.
Can I freeze the Cinnamon Roll Bundt Cake?
Yes, you can freeze the Cinnamon Roll Bundt Cake. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe container or bag. It can be frozen for up to 2-3 months. Thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
What can I serve with Cinnamon Roll Bundt Cake?
This easy cinnamon roll cake recipe goes well with ice cream, whipped cream and more.
Does the Streusel go on the top of the cake or the bottom?
When assembling this cake, you add the streusel last. It will be on the top while baking, but once you flip it out of the pan, it is technically on the bottom.
This Cinnamon Roll Bundt Cake is a delectable creation that combines the irresistible flavors of a classic cinnamon bun with the elegance of a bundt style cake. With its sweet dough infused with aromatic cinnamon sugar, every bite transports you to a realm of pure bliss.
Serve this warm cake to your loved ones and watch as their faces light up with delight. For a picture-perfect presentation, simply slice the cake with a serrated knife and savor the delightful layers reminiscent of a comforting coffee cake.
Cinnamon Bun Bundt Cake
For the Cake:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
Cinnamon Bun Filling
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and generously grease a bundt cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the cinnamon bun filling. Combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon until well combined.
- Pour half of the cake batter into the greased bundt cake pan. Create a well in the center of the cake batter and Spoon the cinnamon bun filling into the well. Top with remaining cake batter.
- In a small bowl, prepare the streusel topping. Combine the flour, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. Pour in the melted butter and mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over the cake batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the cream cheese icing. In a medium bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy. Gradually add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, mixing well. If the icing is too thick, add milk, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Once the cake has cooled, spread the cream cheese icing over the top. Allow the icing to set before serving.