Best Ever Broccoli Chicken Casserole: What’s for Dinner Wednesday
I am so happy to share with you the Best Ever Broccoli Chicken Casserole I have tasted! This is my go to recipe if I am ever in a tight spot. The kids love it, the husband adores it, and quite frankly, if I didn’t have to share it with them.. I wouldn’t.
This recipe is quick and easy and an awesome way to get some broccoli into my wee ones and let’s face it… hubby too.
The kids actually really enjoy helping me make this as well as we have some great fun with the broccoli, pretending we are giants and it is tiny trees as we wash and put it in with the rest of the ingredients.
We have made this on several occasions and there are variations we have tried as well. There are no limitations on this recipe as you can pretty much add whatever you see fit and flavorful. This recipe can be served with many different things as well, sometimes we put it over rice, other times pasta and we have tried it recently with Quinoa and love that too! Sometimes, we skip that part all together and just enjoy it as is, with a side salad.
No matter what you decide to do with it, this recipe is a great, quick, middle of the week meal, especially with all those extracurricular activities and household things you have to do!
- 3 Boneless, skinless Chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 2 Heads of Broccoli, chopped
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar & Mozzarella Blend Cheese
- 1/2 tbsp Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place Chicken and Broccoli into a 9x13 casserole dish.
- In a large bowl mix garlic, onion, milk and 1/2 the cheese together. Pour Mix over top of the Broccoli and Chicken.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Mix together melted butter and breadcrumbs. Top with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake for 30 Mins or bubbling and top is golden brown.
- Great Tip: Serve this on top of whatever you like!
Leave a Reply