Bacon Wrapped Apple Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers? Here we go again. Bacon. Another Bacon recipe. Would you expect ANY LESS from me? I sure hope not. I mean, you know me… or at least by now you should… and if you don’t yet… well get on it.. we could be friends. Either way. My love for Bacon is totally well known by this point and if I could live off it every single meal, every single day of my life, I would. Alas, I must pepper some fruits and vegetables in there somewhere but you don’t want to know about those, you want to know about the insanely delicious Bacon creations I have put together now and so I will oblige.
I am a huge fan of Jalapeno Poppers. HUGE fan, I mean they are delicious. I am also a large fan of anything that allows me to feed large amounts of people, appetizers are my friends. What can I say I like to entertain?! Anyways, I decided to pair them with a creamy and crisp flavoured apple and cream cheese filling and then wrap those suckers in Bacon. Oh yes I did.
I have spoken about duBreton Bacon before, and I am going to do it again because I love duBreton. So, here goes.
duBreton is an amazing family farming business in Canada. This all Canadian pork producer is completely dedicated to the humane treatment of animals and raises their pork antibiotic free, grain fed and without crates. In fact, duBreton is an innovator in crate-free initiatives and is dedicated to raising 300,000 more crate-free pigs by 2018 to meet consumer demand for certified humane and organic pork.
DuBreton’s Certified Humane products, Rustic Farm Pork (blue label) and Organic (green label), are available at major grocery stores including Longo’s, Sobeys and Whole Foods. For my recipe, I used their Black Forest bacon, but they also have a Smoked flavour if you prefer a more classic taste.
Surprise Bacon Cooking Tip
Think you know how to cook bacon? This method from duBreton will take the technique beyond the basic frying-pan or microwave to impress your bacon buddies and will be sure to earn you the title BACON MASTER:
The Traditionalist with a Twist: Stovetop, Frying Pan and Water
Add just enough water to cover the bacon strips.
Turn up the heat to high and bring the water to a boil.
Reduce the heat to medium, and continue cooking until the water simmers away.
Reduce heat further to medium-low and cook bacon to your preferred level of doneness.
Bacon Wrapped Apple Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
Let’s get back to foodie business here shall we? These Bacon wrapped, apple stuffed jalapeno poppers are amazingly delicious. You will HAVE to try them. PLEASE! They are great for a crowd as well. Serve these at your next party to get the party poppin’. See what I did there?
- 1 package duBreton Rustic Farm Pork Black Forest Bacon
- 10 large jalapenos, halved and seeded
- 3/4 brick plain cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (35g) sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 large green onions, chopped
- 1 medium granny smith apple, minced
- 3 large leaves fresh basil, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Half and seed jalapenos, remove seeds and membranes to reduce spiciness.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, green onion, granny smith apples and fresh basil. Stir well until evenly mixed.
- Fill each jalapeno half with cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap each filled jalapeno with ½ a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place bacon-wrapped jalapenos on a large baking sheet lined with foil or parchment and
- cook until bacon is crispy (approximately 30 minutes).
- TIPS: There are approximately 10 slices of bacon in a package of duBreton. This recipe can be easily doubled.
- SERVE WITH: Fresh fruits and vegetables