Valentine’s Day Cupcakes are adorable! We love to make special treats for the family to enjoy on Valentine’s Day. What is an easier thing to make than cupcakes?! The kids love these too because they are not only cute, but super yummy. I like to get the kids involved in making these as well and they love to help. These Valentine’s Day Cupcakes are a dream!
How to Make Valentine’s Day Cupcakes
There are a few steps to making these Valentine’s Day Cupcakes. You start with your favorite Vanilla Cupcake Recipe. You can even use a Vanilla Cake mix! A little bit of Raspberry Juice will make pink when mixed with the cake mix. Prepare your cake mix according to your recipe.
Separate 1 cup of the mix and put it in a different bowl. Add a little bit of the Raspberry Juice to the 1 cup of mix and mix together to create a pink color. Once mixed set aside.
Using the vanilla mix, spoon the plain mix into the liners. Add a layer of the pink, and then layer with the vanilla again. Top with a little more vanilla batter and then using a toothpick swirl gently a couple times. Bake according to package or recipe directions.
Once you have baked and cooled your cupcakes, you can ice them with a swirl as well. To do this, use your favorite icing recipe. Use a piping bag to pipe icing onto the top of your cupcakes, to create the swirl in the icing, mix a little of the raspberry with your vanilla icing until you get a small amount of pink icing. Using a fork, drizzle a little of the pink icing down the sides of the piping bag on each side of the inside of the bag. Spoon the remainder of the white icing into your piping bag and starting from the outside of the cupcake, start making a swirl pattern until you hit the middle.
Then, I just sprinkle with cute Valentine’s Day Sprinkles and VOILA adorable Valentine’s Day Cupcakes without food colouring!
- Your Favorite Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1/2 Cup Crushed or blended Raspberries
- Your Favorite Vanilla Icing
- Mix your cake mix according to package directions
- Reserve 1 Cup of the mixed cake mix.
- Crush 1/2 Cup Raspberries, or blend until smooth.
- Mix some of the Raspberry juice into reserved cake mix until you get a light pink colour, don't add too much or it will get watery.
- Spoon Vanilla Cake mix into the cupcake liners, Add pink on top, add more vanilla top with pink.
- Using a toothpick, gently swirl the mix to create a marbled effect.
- Bake according to recipe directions.
- Using your favorite icing recipe, or store bought brand, reserve a small amount of icing and mix with small amount of Raspberry Juice to create a light pink colour. Again, don't add too much or the icing will be too watery. You don't need much to make it pink.
- Pipe onto the top of the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with Valentine's Day Sprinkles