Taco Pizza Recipe- A Fun Dinner for the Whole Family
You Want A Taco? You Want A Pizza? How About a Taco Pizza?! That’s right.. I said it… Taco Pizza.
In this family we are huge fans of Taco nights, but we also LOVE Pizza nights too. What better than to combine the two and have Taco Pizza night? There isn’t one.
My kids and husband have decided that Taco Pizza is the ONLY pizza for us. In fact, we love it so much that we have made every Friday since we first tried it.
This is our recipe, but technically you can change it to have whatever your favorite Taco toppings are on it. You could even choose to substitute whatever protein you want for the ground beef. We just love our pizza to be as close to a Taco as possible.
This makes a great weeknight meal, but is also fabulous for Forget it Friday. That’s right. Forget it Friday. Sometimes we like to eat this while we watch a movie. Taco Pizza and movie nights go well together. Very well together. In fact, I can’t wait for our next one. We love to dip our Taco Pizza into Sour Cream, it really makes the authenticity of the “Taco” part stand out. I mean, I am also a dipper. I like to dip my crusts when I eat pizza anyways. You could always top the Taco Pizza with the sour cream to avoid the dipping part.
We also like to grill our pizza crust, but it’s not necessary, we have also done it in the oven and it works just as well. Especially on the cold days where grilling isn’t really an option.
No matter what you choose to do, this recipe for Taco Pizza is a great way to bring taco night and pizza night together in a delicious way!
- 2 tablespoons of onion powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 pound of ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 16-ounce tube of pizza dough
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 Cup Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Shredded Lettuce
- 1 Cup Pizza Sauce
- To Make the taco seasoning: Mix all of the Taco Seasoning ingredients with 1 tablespoon each of salt and black pepper in a large bowl.
- To Prepare the Pizza, Mix 2 tablespoons of the taco seasoning and water in a small bowl.
- Brown Ground beef, add the taco seasoning to Ground beef, bring to a boil.
- Divide the dough into 3 pieces. Roll out each on a floured surface into an 8-inch round. Brush with them with canola oil, sprinkle with taco seasoning and grill until crisp, 3 to 5 minutes per side; remove from the grill.
- Mix the cheeses in a bowl, sauce crusts, then sprinkle ingredients on the crusts and top them with everything but the lettuce. Return the pizzas to the grill, and cook until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Top with Lettuce and serve with sour cream to dip.
Wow, look at all the bling on the side of your site 😉
Did you change the name? What else is different here……hmmmmm……
I’m a GFC follower now!
Oh wait…is it b/c you switched to the bad side?! WordPress?!
Lol It’s the good side… 😛 Because I am Here 😛 And Yes… WordPress!