Recipes for Busy Parents- What’s For Dinner Wednesday!
Welcome Back where you can get some Recipes for Busy Parents with “What’s For Dinner Wednesday!” This week I am actually going to cook! YAY! No store bought sauce and noodles for me.. Nope! The kids both slept fantastically last night like they usually do and I am refreshed and raring to go!
Ninja’s Grilled Chicken Taco Pizza
The Stuff You Need:
For the Taco Seasoning:
- 2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Onion powder
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper and Kosher Salt
For the Pizzas:
- 1/4 cup canola oil (and A little extra for brushing.. The pizza, not your hair)
- 1 Lb boneless, skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 16 oz tube pizza dough
- All-purpose flour (for dusting… again to make the pizza not dusting the house)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (Because it just wouldnt be a Ninja Recipe if there wasn’t cheese)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (YUM!)
- 1 avocado
- The Juice of 1 Lime
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp diced red onion
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (Yep, AGAIN)
- 1 cup fresh salsa.. (I make my own, but store bought will do)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Cook With Me If You Want To Eat.. (Said In My Best Arnold Voice)
- To Make The Taco Seasoning: Mix all of the ingredients with 1 tablespoon each salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- To Prepare The Pizza: Mix 2 tablespoons of the taco seasoning and the canola oil in a shallow bowl. Pound the chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap to 1/4 inch thick. Add the chicken to the bowl, turning to coat, and marinate 30 minutes
- Preheat a grill to medium high. Grill the chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Let cool, then cut into bite-size pieces.
- Divide the dough into 3 pieces. Roll out each on a floured surface into an 8-inch round. Brush with canola oil, sprinkle with taco seasoning and grill until crisp, 3 to 5 minutes per side; remove from the grill.
- Mix the cheeses in a bowl, then sprinkle on the crusts and top with the chicken. Return the pizzas to the grill, and cook until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the avocado, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, red onion, and salt and pepper to taste. Top the pizzas with the avocado mixture, salsa, sour cream and cilantro…. BOOYAKA!
Leave a Reply