Parenting Boys can be exciting. Snips and snails and puppy dogs tails are what boys are made of right? Isn’t that what our nursery rhyme said growing up? Well it has some truth to it, when it comes to parenting boys there are a few things you need to know and hopefully find out before it’s too late.
- Their finger nails will grow uncontrollably and in turn be full of dirt, crud and any gross thing you can think of – and guess what? Your boy will be happy about these dirty nails.
- Boys will have the best eyelashes ever – have you noticed other little boys walking around with fabulous eyelashes? Yup, you will envy your boys eyelashes.
- Being peed on will be an everyday occurrence, those little boys will actually and on purpose soon realize their penis can fly pee across the bathroom. Parenting boys… it’s a bathroom adventure.
- This leads me to the next thing you need to know about raising boys, they will miss the toilet no matter how old they get.
- Instincts to turn water hoses, spoons, sticks and random inanimate objects into weapons will come naturally to them. Learn to wear body armor, often.
- Boys will appear to be aggressive enemies one day, you know those adult men who fist fight out their issues then are buddies tomorrow? Well that will soon be your life with boys.
- Sibling boys are the worst. Parenting two boys close in age will wreak havoc upon your household, leaving you with the daily title of referee.
- Boys’ hearing tends to be more sensitive than a girls hearing, this means you have to work harder to get that boy of yours to listen.
- Boys love to cuddle and you need to learn to take advantage of this before the age of adolescence appears and cuddling with your boy is a thing of the past.
- Boys will teach you things you never knew; with an innate ability to learn how to use their environment, boys will leave you more educated about how to use your environment creatively.
This post was brought to you by the nursery rhyme ‘What are Little Boys Made Of’ and by the letter B for Boy. Life with boys can be an adventure, but at the end of the day, no matter what you need to know about raising boys there is a true awesomeness about the love a little boy always has for their mother. The love from your boy will be endless and in a way that leaves you feeling as if you are the Queen of your castle, which makes up for all of the icky little things you need to know about raising boys.