In this family, we love anything like Eggplant parm and this Eggplant parm recipe is not only easy, but super delicious.
Welcome back to What’s for Dinner Wednesday, where I tell you what we are having for dinner every Wednesday whether you like it or not. I at least share the recipes to my creations though, so I guess that’s something. Right?
This week I am making an Eggplant Parm Recipe. My husband is working super late tonight and I am super not feeling like cooking up a storm. This easy version of Eggplant parm is really a life saver and Little Man LOVES it.
I love it because it tastes great, but it’s also SO easy to make. Let’s be honest. I am exhausted lately being pregnant, all I want to do is eat ice cream and not move off the couch. Making meals is a chore and I am not even that far into the pregnancy yet.
Either way, this Eggplant Parm recipe will save my life tonight and allow me to cook a dinner I love in a lot less time than I normally spend preparing dinner. Thank Goodness!
Which gives this momma a lot more time to rest and put her feet up (Yeah right, but a girl can dream.)
The best thing is that Little Man can help me make this! He loves stacking the eggplant for me like a tower, which usually results in a giant mess. However, if he’s having fun helping, then who am I to stop him right?
I usually serve this with a really easy side salad or something of that nature. Tonight I am doing some cooked spagettini tossed with the sauce and served on the side, as well as a side salad. I am hungry.
Eggplant Parm Recipe
- 1 sliced eggplant
- 1/2 lb. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Grated Cheese
- 1-1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese- Shredded
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Layer half each of the eggplant and mushrooms in 13x9-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray; top with layers of 1/3 each of the Parmesan and mozzarella. Repeat layers.
- Top with spaghetti sauce; cover.
- Bake for 40 min. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until mozzarella is melted.