This Best Ever Meatball appetizers recipe has been a favorite of ours for quite a while. In fact this sweet and tangy meatball appetizer has been a huge hit at all our gatherings.
I have made this recipe more times than I can count, and each time, I have found people almost crawling over each other to get more. Sometimes, depending on the amount of people I am expecting, I double or triple my recipe, just to make sure that there is enough. These are seriously, In my opinion the Best Ever Meatball Appetizers!
The first time I made them, I made half the recipe. I didn’t think I would need more than 25 Meatballs as we had also made a bunch of other appetizers and only had about 6 adults and 3 Children. I was wrong. Not only did all the other appetizers fly, but the meatballs flew so fast they were gone in less than 10 Minuets. Now THAT’S something.
Not one left behind. Not one meatball.
The last time I made these, was for a small Christmas get together we had. Literally 4 Adults and 2 Children in total. 3 different dips and about 50 meatballs. Gone. Every last one! I’m not kidding.
These are easy to make and absolutely delicious.
I don’t have to sell these to you, you will try them yourself and fall in love.
Now, I am going to warn you, the ingredients sound kind of funky. Please over look the appearance of the ingredients list and try this meatball appetizer. You will not be sorry. I promise.
I am going to make these again for New Years eve! They make a perfect New Years eve Appetizer and are actually amazing as part of a meal! Add 3 or 4 Meatballs on top of some rice or egg noodles, with a bit of the sauce and you are golden!
Best Ever Meatball Appetizers
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 2 Lbs of Ground Beef
- 3 Large Eggs, Yolks Only
- 1/2 C. Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 C. Romano Cheese
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- I Large Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1 1/2 C. Brown Sugar
- 1 1/3 C. Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp White Wine Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/3 C. Strongly Brewed Coffee
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a large sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat for 15 mins, stirring regularly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 mins.
- Once Finished, the sauce can be stored in the refrigerator until needed. To Reheat, or if serving right away, I put the sauce in a slow cooker and add the cooked meatballs to keep warm for serving.
- Combine All Meatball Ingredients (except olive oil) in a Large bowl and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Once Combined, shape into small sized balls.
- Make balls about 3/4 of an inch in size and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper until ready to Brown.
- Heat Olive oil in a large frying Pan.
- Brown Meatballs in batches over low heat until cooked through, turning frequently.
- Add to Sauce and Serve.