Bacon Wrapped Eggs Recipe- With Hollandaise
No, I am not kidding. These were amazing and probably not the healthiest meal, but my goodness… splurging is SO worth it. Not only is it super yummy, it’s also generally easy to achieve the flavours you desire.
I love baking eggs. It’s quick and easy and a great way to cook for a group! Now, Bacon wrapped eggs? You had me at hello! So yummy I can hardly stand it. Yummy and Easy? NOW we’re talking. Baking your eggs is a great way to cook a big batch of eggs at once, evenly to your desired consistency.
Also, I love Hollandaise sauce. I do. BUT not the pre-packaged powder stuff…. blech! I love making my own from scratch at home! Not only is the recipe I follow super easy, but it’s amazingly tasty! Your arm may get tired from keeping it moving while making this sauce, but you will see… totally worth it! The pre-packaged stuff just doesn’t do it for me.
Once all the peices to this delectable breakfast puzzle are complete, it’s time to combine them to produce a whole flavour extravaganza for your mouth! You heard me. EXTRAVAGANZA!
I really do like to add sauteed or caramelized onion to this as it totally maximizes the flavour.
I serve this with some fresh fruit, a fruit salad or nothing at all. I Just feel a lot less guilty for eating this if I stick some of my favorite fruits beside it!
Either way, no matter how you want to enjoy this, you will love how it turns out and you may be forced to cook brunches more often!
And VOILA! Heaven! This was so yummy and super worth the splurge!
Try it this weekend and let me know how it turned out for you!
Bacon Wrapped Eggs With Hollandaise Sauce
A delicious egg, wrapped in bacon and topped with some beautiful, creamy, hollandaise!
Write a review
For the Hollandaise
- 6 eggs (yolks only)
- 1 1/3 cup of butter
- ½ lemon
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees
- Cook 12 Peices of bacon until lightly brown but NOT crispy, Remove from pan and drain on paper towel.
- Lightly Grease a cupcake pan.
- Wrap one peice of bacon around each section of pan
- Crack an egg into each section.
- Bake in oven for 15 mins (or less for runny yolks… I cooked them for 10 Minuets)
For The Hollandaise
- 1. In a small dish over simmering water heat the egg yolks, salt, pepper, 3 tbsp of the butter and the juice from 1/2 the lemon. 2. Beat the ingredients very vigorously until thick and creamy. 3. Remove the sauce pan from the heat and add the rest of the butter in using small pieces at a time, keep mixing.4. When the mixture begins to thicken, warm it up over the stove to get a slightly warm sauce.
- Toast English Muffin halves, place cheddar cheese on top of English Muffin, Top with Bacon Wrapped Egg and Drizzle with Hollandaise sauce.
- Great Tip: Add Sauteed Onion to English Muffin prior to topping with Egg to maximize flavour!
Wow, I’m drooling! Eggs benedict is one of my all-time favourite dishes! I just love how the hollandaise sauce blends the eggs, english muffins and meat all together!
OMG! You had me at bacon. Bacon wrapped anything…OMG. lol Thanks for sharing this. Going to make it for brunch sometime on the weekend!
If you are going to have a cheat day, this is definitely the way to go! Great post!
Yum yum!!! We’ve done this before – delicious! 🙂 It’s a nice brunch for the weekends or a special occasion.
Hubby would love these, he loves anything bacon!
I’m a huge fan of eggs benny – what an awesome twist! I’ll have to attempt this fo shizzle.
Love the eggs baked in bacon idea! I will definitely have to steal this idea! 🙂
I would like the opportunity to discuss working with you. If this is something you’d be interested in, please email me and I can provide you with some more details.