No, I am not kidding. These were amazing and probably not the healthiest meal, but my goodness… splurging is SO worth it. Not only is it super yummy, it’s also generally easy to achieve the flavours you desire.
I love baking eggs. It’s quick and easy and a great way to cook for a group! Now, Bacon wrapped eggs? You had me at hello! So yummy I can hardly stand it. Yummy and Easy? NOW we’re talking. Baking your eggs is a great way to cook a big batch of eggs at once, evenly to your desired consistency.
- 6 eggs (yolks only)
- 1 1/3 cup of butter
- ½ lemon
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees
- Cook 12 Peices of bacon until lightly brown but NOT crispy, Remove from pan and drain on paper towel.
- Lightly Grease a cupcake pan.
- Wrap one peice of bacon around each section of pan
- Crack an egg into each section.
- Bake in oven for 15 mins (or less for runny yolks… I cooked them for 10 Minuets)
- 1. In a small dish over simmering water heat the egg yolks, salt, pepper, 3 tbsp of the butter and the juice from 1/2 the lemon. 2. Beat the ingredients very vigorously until thick and creamy. 3. Remove the sauce pan from the heat and add the rest of the butter in using small pieces at a time, keep mixing.4. When the mixture begins to thicken, warm it up over the stove to get a slightly warm sauce.
- Toast English Muffin halves, place cheddar cheese on top of English Muffin, Top with Bacon Wrapped Egg and Drizzle with Hollandaise sauce.
- Great Tip: Add Sauteed Onion to English Muffin prior to topping with Egg to maximize flavour!