This is the best Puff Pastry Recipe I have ever tried, and I am pretty sure it will be for you too! I can’t say for sure though, but if I can make this Puff Pastry, then you can too!
This pastry is so buttery and flaky that I could just snuggle into it and fall into a deep cuddly food coma. It’s so good. Just talking about it is making my mouth water.
We have used this puff pastry recipe for many different purposes. We have used it to make our Strawberry, Blood Orange Turnovers, as well as our quiche recipes. It’s really so versatile and works for anything. We will be using it to make some awesome appetizers as well, because who doesn’t love things wrapped in PASTRY!?
When making this recipe, just make sure that you follow the directions properly. Really leave butter chunks visible. It makes all the difference. This way your pastry will puff up and be an amazing flaky delight instead of a heavy yucky mess.
The kids love getting involved in making this too as they are allowed to get right in there and get messy! FUN right!?
We can’t wait to try more recipes using this puff pastry recipe as a shell! Every single thing we have used it for so far has been a huge hit! I have never thought to use a puff pastry recipe for quiche, but seriously, this is the only way that I will eat quiche now. It’s just too perfect and delectable.
Best Ever Puff Pastry Recipe
- 1 1/2 C. Flour
- 1 1/2 C. Butter, cubed
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 C. Cold Water
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour and cubed butter, gently toss cubed butter in flour making sure not to break the butter down too much, you want to still see pieces of butter.
- Make a small hole in the center of the mix and pour in 3/4 of the water.
- Mix until firm. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest for 30 mins in the refrigerator.
- Place dough on a floured surface and mix with your hands forming a rectangle making sure not to overwork the butter, it should still be visible.
- Fold the top corner down and then fold bottom corner over top of that, roll out to about 3x it's length.
- Fold dough the same as previously and cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest another 30 mins in the fridge before rolling out again.
- Roll dough out as evenly as possible and measure to use to your recipes specifications.
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. Don’t forget to click the “Yum” button or Pin it for later! You won’t regret it and your tummy will thank you!