Welcome back to “What’s For Dinner Wednesday!” I have been thinking that I need to change it up a little. So today, I am going to add what I am making for dessert. My pregnancy weight gain this time around has been pretty good, pretty stable and not anywhere near the 70ish pounds I gained (and hadn’t fully lost) with Little Man… so I am making dessert… YUMMERS!
So.. for dinner…..
Apricot Chicken Drummies
Stuff Ya Need:
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 12-ounce jar apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons peeled and mincedÂ ginger root
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- Heat the oven to 350. Rinse the chicken and remove the skin, if desired.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat the peanut oil over medium-high. Brown the chicken on all sides. Remove from the pan and drain on a paper towel.
- Place the chicken in a 9- by 13- by 2-inch baking dish. In a small bowl, mix the preserves, ginger, garlic, and chicken broth, then pour over the chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the juices run clear and there are no traces of pink in the center.
I usually serve this with a really light Side Salad and Some Yummy Garlic Mashed Potaters….
And Tonight, we are adding dessert to the menu because I mean, who doesn’t LOVE dessert? And if you say you don’t, it’s because you are lieing… or too skinny- In which case… eat some dessert and shut up…
Upside Down Chocolately Chipy Love Cake
- 1 cupÂ flour
- 1/2Â teaspoonÂ salt
- 1/2Â teaspoonÂ baking powder
- 1Â teaspoonÂ baking soda
- 6Â tablespoonsÂ unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1Â cupÂ sugar
- 1/2Â cupÂ vegetable oil
- 1/2Â cupÂ hot coffee
- 1/2Â cupÂ milk
- 1Â egg
- 1/2Â teaspoonÂ vanilla
- 1/3-1/2Â cupÂ milk chocolate chips
- 3Â tablespoonsÂ butter
- 1/2Â cupÂ brown sugar
- 4Â teaspoonsÂ water
- 1/2Â cupÂ shredded coconut (I use sweetened)
- 1/2Â cupÂ ground pecans
Heat oven to 350Â°F.
Spray 9 inch round cake pan with non stick cooking spray (Pam).
Add butter(for the topping) in the cake pan and place in preheated oven until butter has melted (1 minute).
Add remaining topping ingredients to pan and set aside. Make sure it is evenly spread over the bottom of the pan.
In bowl sift flour, salt baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and sugar.
In separate bowl whisk together vegetable oil, milk, egg and vanilla.
Add to dry ingredients mix well.
Add hot coffee mix well.
Pour over nut mixture in cake pan.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
Let cool in pan for 5 minutes.
Invert on to cake plate add milk chocolate chips, while cake is still warm so they melt a bit.So I hope you enjoy.. Because I KNOW we will