Welcome back to “What’s For Dinner Wednesday!” This week I have not felt like cooking. AT ALL. So when today came I was thinking- JUST DO TAKE OUT. But of course I am going to cook- it’s not going to be fancy, but it’s going to be fast and yummy… a nice hearty meal.
Ninja’s Hamburger Pie- Potato Crust, Just plain yummy.
Stuff Ya Need:
- 1lb of Ground Beef
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves pressed garlic
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Stuff To Do:
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet until no longer pink and drain off any fat.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a second skillet. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft , Usually about 8-10 minuets.
- Add the carrots and cook for about 5 minutes more. Add the frozen corn (no need to thaw it)… Cook for another 5 minutes.
- While the meat and vegetables are cooking, stir together the mashed potatoes and the egg until they are creamy.
- Grease a 9 inch/22 cm pie plate and spread the potato mixture into the plate, building up the sides to form a crust. Set this aside.
- Add the cooked ground beef to the cooked vegetables.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chicken broth and the cornstarch. Add this to the beef and vegetable mixture.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste. Stir and cook for a few minutes.
- Spoon the beef and vegetable mixture into the mashed potato crust,making sure toÂ smooth it out evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the crust is lightly browned on the edges and the filling is hot.
I usually serve with a Salad….. YUMMERS!