Recipes for Busy Parents? Yep. Hello there folks and welcome back to the first “What’s For Dinner Wednesday” of 2012. I haven’t been posting recipes because lets be honest. After all the Christmas and New Years Hallaballo and my visit to the Emergency room with Ninja Steak, we have been doing soft foods like soups, stews and so on for the most part.
But, I have decided I can’t be afraid of solids for the rest of my life and while I was quite tempted to use my blender to make myself dinner or just make some baby food that Baby Girl and I could share… I decided that I needed to make the kind of dinner you can’t drink through a straw tonight. YIKES!
Tonight Little Man is helping me make dinner, we are making something pretty simple and something he can help with… but it will be yummy! So this is what’s for dinner tonight!
Little Man’s Little Pizzas
- 1 6oz can tomato paste
- 6 oz warm water
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- Let Mommy Measure out all the ingredients, then little Man dumps them in a small bowl, combine tomato paste, water, Parmesan cheese, garlic, honey, onion powder, oregano, marjoram, basil, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes and salt; Little Man mixes it all together, breaking up any clumps of cheese.
- Then we let the Sauce sit for 30 minutes to allow the flavours to blend.
- 6 English Muffin Halves
- Pizza Sauce (see above)
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Sliced Green Pepper
- Sliced Mushrooms (But none for Daddy)
Mini Pizzas are amazing for Kids!
Check out More Recipes for Busy Parents with our other What’s for Dinner Wednesday Recipes!