Here I am, Now.. You have heard of the 12 days of Christmas… Well I am here to do the 8 Days of Christmas… Why? Because I am a Ninja and I do things differently.
So, there you sit. 8 days until Christmas! WOW! Shocking how fast this holiday can creep up on you….
So On this 8th Day of Christmas, your true Ninja gives to you…
8 Tips To Keep Yourself Sane Over the Holidays:
- Allot some “Me time” for yourself. It can be hard this time of year to be able to focus on yourself, but you have to. You will enjoy the Holidays more if you do and in turn so will others around you.
- Involve your children and friends or your significant other in the planning of activities, wrapping of gifts, baking… just about anything you could use the help with. Having someone’s helping hands will relieve some of the stress off you and can be great fun for the kids to be involved. Not to mention if those cookies turn out tasting like cardboard- you can blame the kids…
- Don’t take on too much- If you don’t think you will have time to make that special batch of cookies, or handmade cards or ornaments you usually send out, then DON’T. It’s better to focus your time on doing things right and in good time. Otherwise you rush through things and they don’t turn out the way you want them to anyways. While you are at the store, buy some cookies, or cards or ornaments and take a deep breath.
- Family- Sometimes we live far away from our extended family. Do they expect you to travel out to visit them with your kids? Don’t feel like dragging your children around on Christmas Day? Again, Then Don’t! Invite your family to visit you on a day that will work with your schedule, plan a relaxed visit or a potluck. If that doesn’t work for them then apologize but know you made an effort. Yes, Christmas is about family but sometimes you have to do whats best for your immediate family and I guarantee your kids don’t want to be dragged all over the place on Christmas Day.
- Turn the ringer off on your phone when you are working on something important- Little interruptions can set back your progress at getting important tasks completed and stress you out. It’s hard to ignore a ringing phone, but if you don’t know it’s ringing you’re free to continue on doing what you’re doing. You can always check your call display and call people back after when you have time.
- Turn on some catchy Christmas tunes while you are getting organized. It will help raise your Christmas spirit and who doesn’t love belting out “Santa Baby” while wiggling your tushy and mixing cookie batter?
- I’ve said it before, I Will say it again… LISTS… Make lists and cross out your completed projects.
- Last but NOT least…. drink…. NO I Am KIDDING! (But it might help) DO NOT leave everything to the last second. You will NOT enjoy any of the holidays if you are running around like a chicken with your head cut off!