As a parent, when March Break rolls around I am always seeking out some great March Break Ideas. I want to make sure that we all enjoy Little Man’s time off school.
I want to share some of the great ideas I have used over the passed few years, to keep Little Man occupied and happy so that we can all enjoy his time off school! March Break will be over as fast as it started, time flies when you are having fun!
Sometimes, we still have to work over March Break. I am lucky enough to get to stay home with my children and work from home so March Break will include me and the kids. Husband still has to work, we just can’t have him take time off work right now. But, there are always the weekends.
Great March Break Ideas
1. Check Out Activities Offered in Your Neighborhood- A lot of neighborhoods and communities will offer activities over March Break for your child, or your entire family to attend. Sometimes, these activities are offered for free or at a discounted price in order to encourage people to take part. Check your local newspaper or town website to search for what’s going on in your neighborhood over this March Break.
2. Visit Your Closest Discount Store to Stock Up- Visit the closest discount or bargain shop in your neighborhood and stock up on activities, coloring books and crafting items to use over march break. Little Man loves organizing crafts and making things we can use around the house or display proudly on the fridge! Use your imaginations!
3. Go for an “I Spy” Walk- Before you set out on your adventure, write out a list with your children of items you want to find. Bring a pen and the paper with you on your walk and cross off everything you find.
4. Have a Picnic in Your House- It’s too cold out to go and sit and eat outside, but who says you need to have a picnic outside? Find a blanket, a basket and pack your picnic as you would to go outside. Go on an adventure inside your house to find the perfect picnic spot. We like to use the closet because it’s quiet and like picnicking inside a cave.
5. Spring Cleaning! Make it Fun- Want some help with your Spring Cleaning? Well, your children are home so lets get to work! Make helping fun, put on some music and make cleaning up a game. Every time the song changes trade rooms you are working on and see who can get the most done before the next song comes on.
There are many different March Break Ideas you can use to ensure that you have a fabulous March Break!