Want to snack smart this year? I know I do, and now with Maple Leaf Protinis you can!
Maple Leaf Foods and Hayley Wichenheiser have teamed up to help you snack smart this year.
We, as Canadians, are far busier than we have ever been. In order to maintain our busy lifestyles, many people reach for snacks as fuel on the go during their busy days. I know I do. Frequently.
In fact, snacking is one of my biggest downfalls. Being as I work from home, it’s far too easy for me to snack and work! If I am not grabbing healthy snacks, I am doomed.
Did You Know?
52% of Canadians are snacking at least twice daily?
Consider The Facts
Considering the facts, it’s becoming increasingly important that we ensure the snacks we are reaching for, are nutritious! In fact, we want our snacks to act as fuel instead of bogging us down. After all, considering how busy we are, who has time to feel weighed down by unhealthy foods?
Maple Leaf Protinis Skewers
Maple Leaf Natural Selections PROTINIS Skewers are the ideal complete protein snack to power your busy schedule.
Why We Love Maple Leaf Protinis Skewers
We got the chance to try these delicious and nutritious “On the Go” Snacks and I am happy to say that we really enjoyed them!
My entire family tried them! We used them as a refueling snack after my Little man had TaeKwonDo and he just LOVED them. I eat them while I am working if I get the hankering for a snack and I have found that they actually fill me up and I spend less of my day grabbing for fuel! My husband has taken them to work and instead of grabbing for that greasy bag of chips, he has found that he prefers the Protinis!
Not only that, but these Maple Leaf Protinis Skewers, didn’t weigh me down. I just felt amazing and full after eating them. I didn’t need a nap, I could keep working and keep doing my daily tasks! Bam! Winner to me.
Gold Medal Snacking Tips from Hayley Wickenheiser
In partnership with Maple Leaf Foods, five-time Olympic Gold Medalist for Women’s Hockey and Canadian flag bearer, Hayley Wickenheiser has some tips on how to “snack smart” to power through your day. As a hockey player, mom, and student, Hayley understands how busy life can be, leaving you with little time to prepare healthy meals and snacks. Here are her top seven tips for eating smart on the go.
1. Plan ahead. Avoid the temptation of vending machines, quick-service restaurants and convenience stores by planning your snacks ahead of time.
2. Always carry healthy snacks with you on the go – they’ll always be within reach so you won’t be tempted with less nutritious options.
3. When reaching for a snack, opt for something that is tasty and provides good nutrition to avoid the crash that often follows empty calories snacks (i.e. high in sugar/fat).
4. When at the grocery store, stick to the perimeter where you’ll find healthy, fresh and protein-rich foods such as poultry, dairy, fruits and vegetables.
5. Whenever possible, choose lean protein snacks. Since protein helps to slow down the digestion of food, protein snacks will keep you feeling fuller and satisfied longer.
6. Make sure you get enough complete protein every day. Complete protein contains all of the essential amino acids your body needs and cannot produce on its own. Examples of foods with complete protein are milk, eggs, fish, meat and poultry, like the oven-roasted chicken in the new PROTINIS Skewers.
7. Serve complete protein to your active kids as a perfect recovery snack to help build and repair muscles quickly – making sure their next game is even better!
These tips are amazing. I just had to share them with my awesome readers! I am sure all of those that are active and have, (or don’t have) children can use these tips. Really, I think they apply to everyone!
Have you tried the Maple Leaf Protinis Skewers?
*Disclosure: Ninja Mommers received compensation or order to facilitate this post. All opinions are of Ninja Mommers’ own and were not influenced in anyway!