Lemon Cupcakes with Raspberry Filling and Lemon Buttercream Icing Recipe
Lemon Cupcakes are my little sister’s fave (or so I was told), so when she had a bridal shower a few weeks ago, I decided to set to work creating a beautiful cupcake that she would enjoy.
I decided to take my cupcakes up a notch and fill them with a delicious raspberry filling. I am telling you. DELICIOUS!
These cupcakes turned out moist and deliciously lemony. In fact, these lemon cupcakes have become a new family fave at our house!
I also decided to make a purple swirled butter cream icing on top because one of my sister’s wedding colours is purple.
They turned out beautifully!
For the purpose of full disclosure I have to tell you, I have never filled a cupcake before. This was my first attempt and I was scared. Let me ease your worries (if you have any) filling cupcakes is a piece of, well, cupcake! It was so easy and they turned out so well. I have to be honest, after the first one was successfully filled, I kinda felt like I was a cupcake boss.
I can’t wait to make these again, in fact, she has asked me to make them for her wedding! I am honoured that she asked, it means they were good enough that she wants to share them with everyone on her special day! (Either that, or they were terrible and she doesn’t like the people coming to the wedding and she wants to punish them.) I am going to go with the “They were amazing” option though, because we have tried them and hubby loves them too.
If you like lemon you will LOVE these cupcakes, they boast a very clean, natural lemony flavor. You will be pleased by the smell in your kitchen alone, while you are baking them.
Don’t forget to Pin this for future reference and YUM it to share with others using the buttons at the top or bottom of the post!
Lemon Cupcakes with Raspberry Filling & Lemon Buttercream Icing
- 3 C. Flour
- 2.5 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Zest
- 3 Tsp. Baking Powder
- Pinch Salt
- I C. Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 1/2 C. Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 C. Whole Milk
- 2 C. Frozen Raspberries
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 2.5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 Tsp lemon juice
- 1 C. Salted butter
- 3 Tsp Vanilla
- 4 C. Icing Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Table Cream
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Line muffin tins with liners
- In a Large bowl, mix together the flour, lemon zest, baking powder and salt.
- Cream together the butter and the sugar, add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla, make sure the scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add flour to butter mixture, alternating with milk until all is added and combined.
- Divide batter evenly into the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 14-18 Mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool partially before filling.
- Drain the Raspberries and set aside, make sure to save the liquid.
- Add water to liquid until equal to about 1 1/3 Cup.
- On the stove top, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Cool completely.
- Stir in the remaining raspberries to the cooled mixture.
- Fill warm cupcakes.
- Cream the butter until smooth
- Add Icing Sugar
- Add in Cream and Lemon Juice
- Mix until combined and Ice Cupcakes!
- * To get the cool streaky effect in your icing, use a drop of food colouring down two sides of your piping bag prior to filling the bag with icing*
OMG, these look so good. I am a sucker for anything lemon. Will definitely be baking up a batch of these soon. Thank you for sharing.
mmmmmm these look amazing!! thank you for sharing!