Who Doesn’t LOVE a make ahead lunch recipe? With these Ham Egg and Cheese Muffins, you are in luck. Not only are these lunch muffins delicious, buy you they make a fabulous Make ahead lunch. Just whip up a batch of these Ham Egg and Cheese muffins and freeze them for later!
Ham Egg and Cheese Muffins
Ham Egg and Cheese Muffins make a delicious lunch to send with your Little one to school. I really do love that these are great as a make ahead lunch. Little Man loves them too! Just pop them in your lunch bag and head off to school. Easy!
Make ahead Lunch
Just pop these Ham, Egg and Cheese Muffins into the freezer after you have cooled them. Otherwise, you can make them ahead and store them in an airtight container in the fridge for later use. If you want them to last longer, please freeze them.
This recipe is easy to make too. Not only is it delicious but it doesn’t take a lot of effort. They really are great warmed up, but they can also be eaten cold. We like to dip them into Honey Mustard. They really taste like a ham sandwich. Mmmm.
These little lunch muffins make life easier on busy school mornings that’s for sure. My Husband actually likes to take them in his lunch as well. Convenience at it’s finest. What a treat.
These actually help me to eat too! There are so many times I skip meals because I just get too sidetracked. I know, I know, that’s bad. I can’t help it though. Sometimes it’s 3pm and I realize I haven’t eaten anything all day. These are great, even in the morning with a coffee. Take them in the car with you so that you don’t have to go through a drive through on long road trips and just enjoy!
- 1 1/2 C. Flour
- 1 1/2 TBSP Sugar
- 1 TBSP Baking Powder
- 2 Large Eggs, Beaten
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 1/2 C. Milk
- 1/2 C. Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1 C. Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Reserve some for top)
- 3/4 C. Diced Smoked Ham
- Pinch of Freshly Ground Black Pepper- To Sprinkle on top
- Grease a 12 Cup Muffin Tin well
- Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees
- Whisk together Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder and Salt in a large bowl
- Combine Milk, Eggs and Butter in a Separate bowl until well mixed.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir lightly until just mixed.
- Add Ham and Cheese to the mixture.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way with the mixture.
- Top with Remaining cheese and Pepper
- Bake for 15 Mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before storing.
- We love to serve these with Honey mustard to dip!