We love Chocolate Peppermint Bark so much! Not only is Chocolate Peppermint Bark delicious, but it’s also good for many different things!
Chocolate Peppermint Bark is easy to make. There are not many ingredients and no amazing skill set is necessary to create the perfect Chocolate Peppermint Bark!
In fact, it’s so easy to make that the kids and I make it together. Little man and Baby Girl LOVE to help me make this recipe! I think their favorite part is smashing the candy canes! I put them in a large plastic bag and the kids use a pot to smash them into tiny pieces! We make a game out of it. They also really enjoy stirring the chocolate. Mostly, because they like to eat it! It’s kind of hard to keep their little fingers out of it.
What I like the most about this Chocolate Peppermint bark, is that it can be used for many different things. I love to use it as a garnish to make other treats look pretty and christmasy. I also like to enjoy it just as it. It’s cute on top of hot chocolate too and melts nicely into the marshmallows.
There are so many different uses for Chocolate Peppermint Bark over the Holidays! We make it every year, just because. We also like to give it in little Gift Bags along with Christmas Toffee and a few other awesome Christmas Recipes. We give the gift bags to our neighbours. We also like to give them as Christmas Gifts to teachers and other people we hold dear. The gift bags have always been an amazing personal touch and this Chocolate Peppermint Bark is a great addition.
If you are looking for an easy and great addition to your Christmas Recipe Folder…
Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- 12oz Semi- Sweet Chocolate (Squares or Chocolate Chips)
- 1/3 C. Smashed Candy Canes
- Line a 9x13 cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Melt Chocolate in a small pot over a medium pot of boiling water, stirring constantly
- Once melted, add 1/2 of the Smashed Candy Canes and stir.
- Transfer Chocolate mixture into the prepared 9x13 dish, spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with Candy Cane Mixture, press lightly into the chocolate.
- Allow to chill in refrigerator for 1 hour
- Break into Pieces and Enjoy!
What are your Favourite Treats to Make at Christmas Time?