-I Decided to make Banana Bread with a twist today. Banana Bread has always been a favourite of mine. I like how easy it is to make and how well it goes with a nice cup of coffee in the morning. Little Man Loves anything with Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips, so I just couldn’t resist turning a basic recipe into something that made my waistline expand. Yep, this is NOT diet food and I am NOT ashamed!
This Banana Bread is not your regular old run of the mill Banana Bread. This is Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Bread. This is a masterpiece… this is love in a loaf pan. Hubby loves this more than anything else, I almost have to hide the loaf to get any for myself. No, I am not kidding. Sometimes I hide it in a cupboard, or I don’t tell him I have made it at all until I have had at least one piece! What? I made it, I should get to eat some too!
The ingredients for this loaf are pretty straight forward. In fact, this loaf is so easy to make anyone can do it. I like to dip this in Maple syrup.. I know, I know, it’s naughty. So naughty, but almost necessary.
I like to use Crunchy Peanut Butter, but you can really choose crunchy, creamy or any kind you would like! I just like the little bits of peanuts in the Banana Bread, it adds a little crunch to the bread which goes nicely with the creamy, moist banana bread and the delicious, melty chocolate chips. My mouth is watering just writing this.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Bread is just a great indulgence! We really quite enjoy this as a treat and hope that you enjoy it as well! Leave a comment below to let us know your thoughts.
- 2 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 of a Cup of Salted Butter at room temp
- 1 tbsp of Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/3 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 3 Large Ripe Bananas Smushed to heck
- 1 Large Egg, beaten
- 1 TSP Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup 2% Milk
- 1 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees. Make Sure to remember to grease your loaf pan.
- Grab a bowl and whisk flour, baking powder and salt together... whisk, whisk... DONE
- Grab a huge bowl.. I mean GIANT... and beat (Yep, Physically abuse) the butter and sugar until they are mushed into one huge mess. Mix in the lovely banana soup mush and Peanut Butter. Throw in the Maple Syrup and the egg and scrape all the mess off the side of the bowl while you yet again mix the crap out of the mixture. Beat the crap out of the mixture again while you add the flour mixture to the GIANT bowl's mixture. Pour in your milk slowly while you gently beat (on low) the mixture. THEN mix in those chocolate chips. YAY! Almost done.
- Spread this gooey batter evenly into your loaf pan.... Bake for 45-50 Minuets. *Side note: REMEMBER almost all ovens are different, I would suggest putting this on for 40 Minuets and add extra time if you need to.
- Cool this hot, steaming loaf of loveliness for about 20 minuets.. Yes, you have to wait before you can sample this delectable treat... after that, remove from the pan and cool completely and enjoy!!